Friday, May 2, 2014

High Protein Diets for Women

High-protein diets for women are not any different than high-protein diets for men. The only real difference that comes into play is individual tastes. Men often do not mind eating nothing more than a steak for dinner, while women usually prefer a more balanced meal. Thus, the best high-protein diets for women are those plans that do not unduly eliminate the possibility of some carb consumption, while still allowing for rapid and sustainable weight loss.

The Zone

    The Zone diet is a solid diet strategy for women that can provide their bodies with excess protein while not depriving their pallets too extensively. The concept behind The Zone diet is simple--eat multiple, small meals each day. In every meal, you will strive to keep nutritional balanced while making intelligent meal choices. Forcing you to take both macronutrient proportion and food selection into account at every meal will quickly reprogram your body with new, healthy habits.

Following the Zone Diet

    For each meal, devote one-third of your plate to a lean protein source such as chicken or turkey. Devote two-thirds of your plate to healthy carb choices such fruits, veggies, and some whole grains. Finally, sprinkle in a touch of monounsaturated fats such as almonds or olive oil. Eating in accord with these principles day in and day out will lead to rapid weight loss.

South Beach Diet

    The South Beach Diet is another diet plan that provides for weight loss without undue restriction on flavor. This diet was developed by a cardiologist practicing in Florida, so it is generally accepted as a heart-healthy method of dieting. The diet has three primary phases--an induction phase, which is relatively restrictive and lasts 14 days; a weight-loss phase, which lasts until you reach your target weight; and a maintenance phase, during this last phase there are no restricted foods per se, but you are still expected to keep to the general principles of the diet.

Following South Beach

    During the first two weeks on the South Beach Diet, cut out all fruits and starchy carbs. Only consume lean protein, seafood and vegetables that are low on the glycemic index such as broccoli and spinach. After this, you may reintroduce whole grains, fruit and nuts into your diet, while still keeping protein intake high. Remain in this phase until you reach your target weight.

40 30 30 Plan

    The 40-30-30 plan is similar to The Zone, but it places additional emphasis on consumption of healthy fats, which broadens your overall meal choices. To follow this plan, simply ensure that 40 percent of every meal consists of healthy carbs such as fruit, vegetables and whole grains, with the remaining 60 percent divided equally between protein and fat. Keep a "food log" of your meal choices and daily calorie total, so you can monitor progress. If you are not losing weight on pace (one to two pounds per week), simply reduce total daily calories by 20 percent. So long as you are disciplined enough to make intelligent carb choices, this diet will result in sustainable weight loss.


Post a Comment